Adventurous people enjoy traveling the wild. It’s only natural to do activities which suit your tastes but safety measures need to be taken first. Bears are one of the most common animals of the wild which attack humans. Most areas where they are located, warning have been placed. Now, it’s up to those adventure lovers out there to keep themselves safe. The following measures would come in handy to prevent or during a bear attack.
Bears are species that react negatively to the commotion. It is best to stay calm in these situations. Do not make any sudden movements. Do not try to run away as bears are good chasers. They will attack you because they might find your actions to be threatening. Try to speak in a low and humble voice to the bear and slowly back away. Back out only in circumstances when there is enough distance between you and the bear.
Carrying Pepper Spray
We assume you will be carrying proper equipment to ward off the bear if it shows up. Although it is best to escape after you shoot the predator with a firearm because chances of escape are easier, harming the wildlife is wrong. Then it is better to keep a pepper spray at hand. Remember to only use this when you have put some distance between yourself and the bear. This measure should only be taken in cases if the bear is trying to hurt you without you provoking it.
Climb to Higher Places
After backing out from a bear’s either defensive or predatory attack, it is best to find a high place to climb. This way you will be out of the bear’s line of site. Recommended places are tall trees or high cliffs. If the bear can not find you in a certain amount of time, it will eventually leave.
Frighten the Bear
This tactic should only be used when there is predatory attack otherwise it should not be in your options. Carry deterrents like noisemakers and scare the bear. Stand on rocks and make yourself look intimidating. Jump up and down and scream. Your pepper spray would also come in handy here. After the bear starts taking any protective measures, you should escape to high places as mentioned above.
This may be a clichéd technique but it will work in situations where the bear may be attacking to defend itself. This basically means to show yourself harmless to the predator. Pause all your movements and remain still until the bear analysis the status of your body and leaves. You should not suddenly move otherwise you will offend the bear. Remember to not use this method if there is a predatory attack from the bear.
Your outfit should be fully covered, not revealing any flesh. No deodorants or perfumes should be applied as the bears have a strong sense of smell. They would react to the smell. You should easily be able to move in your clothes as you might need to run.
Acupuncture is nothing new; we’ve all heard about this needle-poking technique. Unfortunately, what we hear are mostly misconceptions and myths about this alternative form of medicine. And so, in order to get to know about acupuncture, let’s stick with facts from now on.
- Acupuncture is considered to be one of the oldest forms of healing techniques. It is estimated to have been used in China as early as 300 BC; this contention is supported by an ancient treatise on health and disease believed to be written by China’s emperor Huangdi.
- Back in the days, the needles were made out of bamboo, stones, bones, silver or gold. It is safe to assume, therefore, that these needles were not as fine as the needles used in this form of medicine today; hence, old acupuncture inflicted more pain and was less sanitary.
- Acupuncture, today, uses disposable stainless steel needles which are extremely fine to the extent that it is compared with a strand of human hair. It is important to note, however, that different parts of the body entail different sizes of needle. Still, these needles are much finer than ancient needles and thus, they are almost painless.
- Acupuncture needles are used only once and it is disposed right after. These needles are well sterilized and pre-packaged as well.
- Acupuncturist do not just learn the art of acupuncture overnight. In fact, it takes about three years to become a qualified acupuncturist.
- Acupuncture’s popularity in the United States only began around the 1970s when a reporter, who experienced acupuncture in China, wrote about this form of medicine.
- The World Health Organization actually recognizes acupuncture’s effectiveness in treating certain medical conditions.
- No two individuals will ever undergo the same prescribed acupuncture treatment; this form of medicine is highly personalized. Hence, before being put under the needles, a thorough personal assessment of the patient is done.
- In both United States and Europe, acupuncture is the top most commonly used alternative and complementary medicine.
- Although acupuncture inserts needles into the skin, these insertions are virtually painless. However, some people may still experience slight discomfort.
- Studies found that acupuncture points are those areas of the body which have more electrical conductivity.
- Other than treating different forms of body pain, acupuncture has also been found to treat digestive problems, menopausal problems, infertility, insomnia, fatigue, and lupus.
- Some hospitals actually have acupuncturists as staff. Joint Commission requires accredited hospitals to provide treatment methods which are non-pharmacological and acupuncture is one of these methods.
If you are interested in trying out acupuncture or if this alternative medicine is recommended for you instead of going for conventional medicine, laser therapies, or surgeries then do not hesitate to give it a chance.
You can easily research more about acupuncture through the internet. There are several websites, like that of http://soundacupuncturemiami.com/miami-acupuncture/, which you can visit to know more about acupuncture. You may even read online comments and feedback of those who have undergone this treatment; however, you should not make these as the sole basis for your decision on whether or not to give acupuncture a try. Giving it a try is always the best decision for you to know if acupuncture is or is not for you.